Monday, November 28, 2011

November 21, 2011

Things have been more nuts than ever. Our zone has calmed down at least a little bit after last week's threatenings and stuff. This week it was limited to a few sleepovers. But my companion and I get along a lot better. He even wanted to work yesterday. This could be the start of something great. I didn't even drag him around. I think his attitude is changing, it's just a really slow change. I heard him talking the other night and he said it's really because he is in his stake. I know before he did a lot of dumb stuff but at least he worked and stayed with his companion. I've heard from a few higher sources that he will be transferred. So I may be here for a really long time. It's okay though. We are working really hard with the ward leaders right now to have a serious amount of baptisms before the end of the year. There's only one guy from my district that's not really up to par but he's not in anything too serious. I won't give you details but some stuff has been happening for a while now in this mission that's much worse than what happens in my zone. I think finally something will be done. Elder Hamula is coming in a couple weeks too. Maybe things will get better before I leave. Don't try asking me what the stuff is cause I won't tell. It's a little rough on the old testimony. Anyways, this week we had our zone conference. We also got our personel DVD players. Babylon just got swords. Saturday we did our last reactivation thing for the year. We had a whole bunch of people show us and we just killed it. I went with these two guys and we were guided by the spirit for everything. I loved it. I wish I could always have that same spirit. Sunday tons of innactives and nonmembers came to church. We were all so happy. Success. The members invited nine people to take the lessons that day. Go Vairao! That night I gave a little presentation to all the ward mission leaders and ward missionaries with the help of one of the stake presidency councelers and a member of the high council. MY bishop decided we can double the stakes goal for baptisms this year. The goal was twelve and we're at sixteen. Now we're going for 24. It's so cool to work with them. Today we sang early in the morning as usual and I learned something interesting from our president - the international shipping liners are going on stike so there will be no more imports to Tahiti for a while. So we have to make food reserves and stuff before the stores run out of food. We'll see what happens. They're not officially on strike yet but it's coming. So yeah that's about everything. I realized the other day that I have just about the same time left on my mission as I had time in the MTC. Time is flying by. I just have to stay strong untill the end. I'll just keep fighting evil. Wish me luck. Also enjoy Thanksgiving. We're going to try and do one either as a zone of as a district as our district meeting. That's one thing I can support. Thanks for the email. I'll see you next week. Love y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment