Monday, April 4, 2011

March 28, 2011



Brazilian vacation, how are you? It sounds like Brazil is fun. I would love to visit other missions sometime. Maybe we can go see the Johanson's or someone sometime. I've recently gotten the desire to explore the world, random huh? By the way I got the earlier mentioned packages and I have thoroughly enjoyed all the contents. Thank you so much. Tell the Sunday School thanks, too. Loved it! As for the other two I expect them within a couple weeks. Also I sent an 8gig memory card home last week which should arrive next week or maybe the week after. And yes, it's full. Here we've had some interesting changes. We got our new companion, he's actually in the same district as Elders Marae (my current companion) and the one before (Alvarez). His name is Elder Penehata and I love the guy. The reason he is here is cause apparently he punched an investigator in the face? I don't know what all that's about. It makes life interesting though.. This week was more of the same. I realize I'll never understand God's will until after. But I had two lifesavers this week. First off an inactive member made us tacos. I can't even express in words my love for tacos. And the second happened yesterday. After church we went to a lesson with a somewhat new investigator. He's twelve years old and very interested. Well we taught him about the Book of Mormon and he seemed kind of out of it.. Well at the end of the lesson I asked him if he had prayed about Joseph Smith. That was it. He immediately began telling us of the night he had asked. I won't go into too much detail now but basically he had a vision of his search amongst all the false churches until only one remained. That's my thought but it was coded with trees and stuff. Nuts though huh? I may or may not have taught a soon to be prophet. Anyways that's about all. I'm just going to press forward and hope for a brighter future. But for the meantime little experiences like that let me know why I'm here. Hopefully you'll get to see me soon via memory card. That way I won't turn into some kind of imagined being only recognized as words on a Blackberry screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment