Monday, April 25, 2011

April 11, 2011





Wednesday I feel like we really worked hard. We mowed a lawn, which isn't so simple here.. But we got it done way fast. There we're three of us with giant power weed wackers at the same time. But probably the worst experience of my life happened too. So I was cutting along and I saw some dog crap; so I thought to my self "mmm better not touch that" then the cord lengthened exploding the dog crap into my face and all over my body. I was in shock. It was a new experience for me to have dog crap all over me. Well I was diligent and kept at it for a few hours until I could go take a shower. Nasty man. Also the same day we had a lesson with an inactive family. Well the situation changed so I needed to change the lesson. I asked my companion to do the revision (as we had planned) so that I could quickly find something for the situation. He refused to teach, as he sometimes does, thus leaving me to do everything. Wonderful.. In the end they're all just funny stories. Otherwise this whole week I've been sick and finally Friday I just stayed at branch president's house to try and get better. It kind of didn't work. But I'm almost better now. Finally Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. Everyone liked it but the thing that shocked me the most was Omer. He told me that it was "super" just imagine that in a French accent being told to you by a fat guy. I loved it! It's the nicest thing he's ever said to me. Oh yeah, first off Mike and Mayana got the package and they absolutely loved it. The towel for the baby, the candy for the kids, the CD for Mayana and the hard drive for Mike. They were soooo stoked. They love the CD so it just stays in their car and plays over and over. Tell Marshall he's a hit here in Rurutu and also in Tahiti. One more random thing, I finally saw Nelson and Clark's little video. I loved it! That was sooooo sweet! I saw you as well as other members. I love our ward man. Currently I am happy here just trying to do as much as I can despite the holdbacks and I'm looking towards a brighter future. I did see conference. Not all of it, and not in English but I saw more than anyone else on this island. The second most was Elder Marae who saw a little and slept a little. Then some youth got to see about 45 minutes. Other than that no one saw any of it except for me. I the best! (In Toads gayish voice).

No comments:

Post a Comment