Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April 25, 2011




Life on Rurutu never gets any easier. I'm still dealing with two really large rocks tied around my ankles whilst trying to work, although last week and this week we did have a little bit of success in contacting some lost investigators and we did a lot of service projects. Oh and two food miracles have happened recently. I now like taro almost as much as potatoes (even if it is a gross plant). I think the more and more I plant the more and more I respect the beast. Also I did receive a package. It was awesome! Especially the camera. Much better quality. And we downed all the food probably within one or two days. Otherwise despite all of the disappointments we at least have one investigator who I have complete faith in. Unlike the rest he is not in Tahiti, he's not crazy, and he's not eternal. It's Hearii, the kid who had a vision when he prayed about Joseph Smith. He's reading the Book of Mormon and he understands everything. He read Lehi's vision and he said he couldn't stop thinking about it. So I wanted to see how much he had understood before explaining it. He understood EVERYTHING. All the comparisons and weird things. Keep in mind he has no religious background. He's definitely going to be something great. Also this nightmare will finally end. President called me the other day to inform me of my transfer. I'll be going to Vairao as Zone Leader. That's a humbling call. But I couldn't be more stoked. Vairao is the sector that I have always wanted to serve in since I started. But I never thought I would be able to serve there since I've already served twice in that Zone and even twice in that stake. Well I got lucky. Also I will have to go on splits to my first sector! I am really so excited to go there. Just leaving here would be good enough. So I'll be leaving Monday. Please write the emails Sunday so that I can see them in the morning if I have time. Well that's all for today, I hope this long email and the other one make up for last week. Hopefully I'll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment