Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 30, 2011




Things here continue as normal. Almost every day this week we worked on finding old investigators and contacting people. We had a lot of success especially with our ward mission leader. We've got a lot of following through to do this next week. Also I guess we drove like four times too far last month in all of our business. They probably should have told us that there even was a limit before giving us the keys.. Since we have a huge sector and a zone that covers half the island I guess it was bound to happen. Well now we've got to find a bike for Elder. Where as my bike is looking sweeter than ever before. Otherwise the work moves on. We've got more and more people committed to baptism every week. And we have at least two baptismal dates fixed for June with a third and a fourth possible. Things are looking good before the dreaded month of July. I love seeing so many of our investigators come to an understanding of the gospel and know that it's true. Things are really moving along here. Just to end on a non-spiritual note- The chickens around our house are getting bolder every day. There's this one that keeps flying up on an old fridge right by our front door and every time I walk outside it spazes out and flies away. Well after about the fifth time of me trying to kill it with water bottles and brooms I was angry and disappointed. So this morning after chasing it into the jungle I hit where it sleeps with the broom and splat, I ruined breakfast. Little did I realize it had been laying eggs there. Well next time I'm eating the chicken and the eggs, cause we're going to borrow a blow gun from an Elder in our zone. I'm totally stoked on the idea of eating my problems instead of throwing things at them. Here's my finally goodbye thought for the week. Yesterday was Mothers day and everyone lied in there testimonies cause they said there mom was the best and most beautiful. They hadn't met mine. Seriously though mom, it's only after coming here and cleaning up after a bunch of slobs that I have realized how much you did for me. I will NEVER leave a dirty dish in the sink again. Neither will I put anything anywhere it doesn't belong. Thanks for your days of sacrifice but it's over when I get home. Happy Tahitian Mother's Day and remember that you smoke them all.

1 comment:

  1. this was a great email! Good ol' Elder Oldroyd. thanks for posting it sue!

    ReplyDelete