Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23, 2011




Ia ora na family. Uhhhh, let me just start by asking- what the crap happened to our ward?! Then I'll move on because I'm actually way super bummed about that. Good job on the marathon. People here are always amazed when I tell them you run those things since like no one here does. Can you also send the way super cool new Joseph Smith movie? And also The Other Side of Heaven. I don't know if I can watch the latter but I know our investigators/ward can. Everyone who has ever seen that movie here finds an instant testimony so i think that would be a major success. That's all. Thanks so much. There are three Zones here on Tahiti and then one huge one that covers all the other islands. There are two districts in each zone. Our zone (Zone 3) covers about half the island. It's just the wild less peopled side. In my sector and the one on the other side there are places only accessible by foot; where you have to cross rivers and stuff. It's pretty cool, actually. I don't talk to president all that often, he's a busy guy since he finishes next week. Then we'll be over-taken by a Chinese guy. I speak a little English with the few people in the ward that know how. Otherwise I talk to the American Elders a little when I see them around. Oh by the way Elder Coulson (the only smart one in our district) is now assistant. Therefore proving all of our assumptions. Well this week was just as any other. We went golfing Monday and I have got some pretty funny videos from it. Also we had a big meeting Wednesday with all the leaders from the whole mission. My whole district was there EXCEPT Elder Frischknecht. Poor guy. He missed the A-46 Boyz Reunion. Also Thursday the only Australian missionary in our whole mission got sent home. It was sad cause we were good buds and then I had to take him away. Having a car can suck too. Yeah so basically the whole first half of our week we did no lessons because of that stuff.Friday Saturday and Yesterday were full of lessons though so it was great. This sector is doing well, we've got a ton of new investigators and a ton of baptisms coming up. Hard work pays off. Also this week I got really lucky and saw a lot of old friends from old sectors. Even the work I did over a year ago is still paying off. Almost everyone I have ever taught has been baptised by the other missionaries and I couldn't be more stoked. Also Our neighbors in Hitia'a are still waiting for us next June. Well that's all for this week. Hang in there family. I'll speak to you guys by phone in 7 months, then I'll come home like right after.. I can't believe It's already been 15 months and soon to be 16. Well anyways I'll seeya

No comments:

Post a Comment