Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011




Well anyways this week was alright. Tuesday we had to drive all the way up to Papeete to take a couple of elders in for interviews. I guess some members saw them doing some stuff.. So I didn't think it was that big of a deal until the first elder took like two hours with president. I guess they were actually into some pretty bad stuff and he told everything to president. It was good actually, he cleared our whole zone of lap tops, cell phones, and movies. There's definitely plenty of stuff left but it's a lot better now. That day we just drove around and around the island doing transfers and picking up the goods. It sucked though cause we had to cancel three lessons and a baptismal interview. I guess the zone is lookin a little cleaner though. Otherwise it was kind of a hard week. My companion who was involved in some of the problems had a kind of breakdown and decided he couldn't continue his mission as zone leader. He was really down this week. Then he told president and he changed his mind. Friday was great. We went up to Papara for our little district meeting. I taught it. It was cool since I haven't taught a district meeting in like eight months since I was all alone on a desert island. After Our meeting we baptised a kid named Temarii. The elder before me came all the way down here to baptise him so it was sweet. Everything went perfectly. Saturday we had yet another baptism for a girl named Anna. A few of our investigators came so we were stoked. The only problem was that the guy who baptised her messed up seven times before doing it correctly. But finally she got baptised. We decided she must have had lots of sins if she needed to be baptised 8 times. After we celebrated by eating tacos. Maybe that doesn't sound so special to all those missionaries in Mexico and South America but to me it was a big deal. Plus that night I found my future business. I'll do just like Dad and many others have said and I'll export cheap American and Chinese goods to Tahiti. Since things are about three times more expensive here I don't think I can lose. Well that's all for this week. I'm still here working away. Life goes on. I'm bummed I probably won't hear from you today but I'll try again. Otherwise have a nice week. Also tell Liz her scripture was awesome because I was in bonds and I was stoned. Hah, I loved that scripture. Well seeya

No comments:

Post a Comment