Monday, February 28, 2011

February 14, 2011



I did a year. That was probably one of the more significant moments on my mission. From now on it's less time to go than I have done. I burned a shirt as tradition goes, also I damaged the church's fence as tradition goes. It was totally worth it! Although the next day I had to go wash it with gas and repaint it, too. Then the next day we did some wild stuff. First off we went to Auti for a lesson; it's not really that long but it tires you out fast. But then we needed to go to Avera which is ridiculously far away because you need to go around like the whole island. Well we weren't doing that! So we took some random "short cut" road into the mountain. We walked up an almost 45 degree slope for nearly an hour. Then when we got on top we realized we were on the top of the island. Then we went to this random facility up there to ask the best way down. some random old man speaking only Rurutu invited is into his goat farm thing. He us some much needed water and even watermelon. It was a life saver. Well we went our way and took the nutsiest decent ever. The road was full of ruts and rocks. Only the strongest trucks can handle a road like that. Well anyways we were hauling down that mountain like none other cause it was so steep I don't think we could have stopped. Then the wire for my back brakes slipped so I no longer had use of them. I came flying out at the bottom only having my front brakes in action. But I survived and I totally loved it. We fixed my brakes so we're definitely hitting that up again next week. And later to make it all worth it I ate my first ever hamburger in Rurutu there. Really that's it as far as stories go. It really was a great week though. We are really starting to see some progress in this sector. All the work is paying off. We're seeing some new investigators and a few more lessons with them. so yeah just know that even down here in the middle of no where, where no one looks the work is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment