Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 31, 2010



Hopefully the prayers of a ton of missionaries will do a ton of good.Just the other day my companion received an answer to his prayer. We stopped by the ocean to have a little lunch and before we prayed I took a bite out of my pamplemousse (It's like a grapefruit but white inside and green outside). Hah I love the name... Pamplemousse. Anyways it was way super sour, I hated it. Then he stood up to say the prayer. He asked- "Please bless my companion's pamplemousse to be sweeter." I kind of laughed and took a bite- sour as ever. Then when I took the second bite it was ridiculously sweet. My eyes went all wide and I thanked my companion and Heavenly Father, too. Such a stupid little thing but it was awesome. This week was better than the others. I feel like the work worked a little better. Despite three quarters of our lessons always canceling things went well this week. We're really getting in contact with more people now. People are starting to accept us and they invite us to come and talk with them. Just the other day we received our first ever reference here in Rurutu. The guy approached some members and asked about the church. They told him that we would pass. Well we did. And he couldn't have been more stoked. He loved that we were out preaching and that I spoke the native language. Really that about sums up the week. It's great to see the work progressing here. I know when I leave they'll have tons of baptisms, as the mission goes. It's great though; we've taken some eternal investigators and really gotten them to turn around and prepare for baptism. I love the work and despite how hard it is sometimes it all pays off in the end. If every missionary in the whole world does his best pretty soon every single person will hear the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment