Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011




Today has been nuts, first off we went out fishing this morning. The branch president caught the first fish after only his second cast. So I went out too and on about the third cast I got a hold of something giant. But he was too big and he broke the line. Same story for my companion. I can't believe The Bear is headed in Wednesday. I know if he toughs it out the first couple weeks he'll power through his whole mission. Tell him the we need him here. We need a champion dang it! Well as for me it's been an aalright couple of weeks I guess. We've done a ton of service projects. I think almost every day this week we had one. I'm getting real good at planting taro. Too good in fact. Also I'm a better raker than I have ever been. And now I am getting good at going into the jungle and searching for palm leaves. Nothing is quite so manly as heading into the wild with a machete killing nature. It's nuts in there. Hmmm, pretty much all of my experiences are temporal; I have no good spiritual stories. Sorry guys, hang in there. It's hard on a small island but the work is progressing anyways. Little by little we are finding new people to teach who are very interested in the gospel. Not the those eternal investigators that we have had for years. We have gotten a couple in the last few weeks - Edé, who found us, Ari Fara, who we found, and finally Terio, we speaks only really fast pure Rurutu and who we have taught the first principle of the gospel to three times and he still says we haven't taught anything. Rurutu is for the most part Tahitian except they've changed a few words and the don't pronounce the f's or the h's. So it's just t's and vowels. And it's fetchin hard. Anyways back to the experiences - We did a random service project in our church clothes the other day, random. Also at another service project my companion caught a rooster while the two of them were fighting; it was way funny. Oh yes and as for the second pig I killed, it was a big one. At least bigger than me. It was a nuts kill. You guys will love the pictures. I'll fill up a couple of memory cards and send them to you guys.

I'll do a better job of concealing them, too. Thanks for the packages. I'll see if they beat me there. It's the 16th we go up. Then yes, hopefully I'll come back for a week and get transferred. I'll keep on working on that baptism for here until then. But either way, even though I love this sector I can't wait to get to a new one. Well that's all for today, see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment