Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011



Today we went on a hike with our bishop into the jungle. We followed a river into unknown territory for three hours cutting our path through the brush. It was nuts. I killed so much nature today I almost feel guilty. We never found the source but we ate our sandwiches and made the trip back down. IT was pretty cool. Except for Abner walked into my machete twice on the way down. The angels protected him though.  I'm sotally toked on the whole 18 month thing. That's my last big mark. I'm running for home base now. It's weird each six months has gone twice as fast the one before. We'll see how the fourth quarter goes. This is the important one. I've done the other three and I have no regrets. I've just got to finish strong. I haven't yet burned the pants but I will soon. Oh and Elder Redding has to finish pretty close to our date meaning normally we'll all be finishing at that same time. We'll see though. Anyways coming back- there is sooooo much less Tahitian here I am almost afraid to lose it. It's hard. Life goes on though. My companion had a random change of heart last week and registered himself for college starting the 22nd. So now he's trying to finish early. So in probably five weeks I'll have a new companion. Thanks for your support. I'll just keep giving it my all here. Fourth quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment