Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011




I know I never talk about weather conditions or food. It never ever changes. It's always between 26 and 30 Celsius in the day and about 20 at night. Sometimes it rains sometimes it doesn't. The food is almost always raw fish or chicken cut up and thrown in with some kind of vegetable. And the rice, there is never a meal or even a snack without freaking rice. I'll have to take some more pictures of food to send you guys. As for our house it's... Classic. Anyways not too much happened this week for me either. We went to Papeete three times. I wanted to die. Monday we were a taxi for missionaries. Wednesday it was for two investigators and a Mormon-hater. The one investigator is a girl and she's pregnant. Plus she's not used to cars so about every ten minutes we had to pull over real fast so she could run outside and throw up. This process of getting on the road, slamming on the brakes, and having her run out and throw up happened at least ten times as we went around the whole island. Sweet. Then Thursday we went up again to go to the temple. It was great. I hadn't been in a year so it felt like my first time. I felt better than that first time though. Plus the spirit was soooo strong I couldn't believe it. And to top it all off this week we finally saw the fruits for all of our searching for investigators. We got some new investigators. My favorite was this one where I just went to shake their hands and say hi before going to eat next door. When she saw me she read my name tag and asked me if I could come teach her about who Jesus Christ is (looking at my name tag). Well sure, that's actually our job. So yeah we came back the next day and had a huge effect on her according to the members present. They followed up and she was really touched. Plus her dying baby was healed because she prayed as we had told her to do. Awesome! Way to go spirit. Well that's about it as far as positive experiences go. Otherwise president is kind of scary right now. He knows everything we do and everywhere we go. Then he uses others to see if we tell the truth. It's kind of becoming a monarchy, and we're the slaves. Just kidding but seriously. We're obedient but we are always put on the spot as if we were Babylon. He even knows where we eat lunch. It should be interesting cause he's coming tomorrow to judge our capability as missionaries. Talk to you next week with less than six months left. Love, Elder Oldroyd

No comments:

Post a Comment