Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011




We had to go to Papeete three times this week. That's an all-day ordeal. It takes almost two hours to get there. Then it takes time and money to find parking and finally we have to walk quite a ways to get where we want to go. So yeah, we had to cancel all or most of our lessons for all of those days. And why did we go you might ask? To buy wedding rings! We also had to buy shoes for the bride and find pants and shirts for the groom. We had some crazy adventures running around in town on foot and even taking other missionaries bikes on occasion to get through traffic quicker.  Friday we had an open house that had so many problems it almost didn't happen. No us, no computer, no dvd, no projector, nobody there, etc. But it happened. We taught the first lesson and watched the first vision movie. Two people there accepted the lessons and one of our investigators who we didn't think would come did and he brought a friend and took him on a tour of the church. Awesome! I gave a Book of Mormon to him and he thumbed through it and said "hmmm this should take me until September."  I was just like go for it dude. He scares me way bad. Normally we can't even get him to look at us or acknowledge our presence even when we're right next door or walking past his house saying hello. Finally after all this nightmare, Sunday was one of the better days of my whole mission. We had a baptism early in the morning for our investigator Tevaria. His father who we baptised two weeks prior was able to perform the ordinance. You could tell his father was the happiest one there. Then at church came the confirmation. So we all get in the circle and then the stake president called his father up with us. I had no idea what was happening. He allowed him to participate the the confirmation telling my companion to change the prayer a little bit to include the Aaronic priesthood as well. Everyone was confused but mostly touched. Especially Toto. He was crying after because he was just so surprised and happy. I was way moved by the experience. Finally that night we ate with an inactive family. We ate a ton. It was almost time to go home and the wife asked for a blessing. Now keep in mind we've done like thirty school blessings this week so I wasn't expecting anything new. She chose me and when I laid my hands on her I felt the spirit just as normal but then something happened and I was completely overtaken. I was pushed to say some things I would have never thought of saying. When it was all over she was totally in tears. I couldn't stop crying even as we were driving away. It was amazing how strong the spirit was. Okay, well I'll leave off with that. Also Elder Abner's email got deleted so he has requested that you put a little "Hi mom" in my blog for him. I'll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment