Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 5, 2011






Family, I am being transferred tomorrow to Bora Bora. That's about as cool as it gets for the last two months. I take the plane tomorrow afternoon. Mo is transferred too. He'll go to Tiperui. So our poor sector will have two new guys - Elder Coulson and the Elder he'll be training. It's the same deal at Taravo. Both Elder Bell and his companion are being transferred. Bell's going to Tahaa. It's a weird transfer but I won't fight it. I'm just so stoked to no longer be with my companion and to go somewhere where I can just work normally and have fun on P-days. It's kinda weird though because I'm going to serve with the brother of that guy who freaked out and hit me. He seems like a nice and not crazy version of his brother. Plus two other missionaries are coming with us. It'll be a riot. This week was like any other. It was really hard to get out and work. As usual our companions just did their thing. Then Hamula came and we all slept in the motel next to the temple. It was sweet. Saturday we had two meeting with him and they were both a lot like the others. Just these life changing, question answering spiritual bombs. Yesterday I got to go and see a bunch of people to say goodbye. I certainly couldn't see them all but I was really happy to see those who I did see. We also had a miracle happen. We were low on gas and because my companion refused to stay in the sector and see people, he wanted to go to Taravo. Okay, whatever. Anyways, while we were going I realized we were almost out of gas but it was Sunday... So my companion gave me a whole speech with a somewhat loud and angry voice about why I should go fill up the car. He told me I was really stupid for thinking it was a bad idea to go on a Sunday. I ignored him and prayed that we wouldn't even get on reserve. Afterwords me and Bell went out to see some people and the very first family we saw (the Tehaavi's) offered us gas.. We took it! They filled us up quite a bit saying that they were the answer to my prayer. I dunno.. Little random miracle. I was so happy. Also we did a baptism for that old grandpa on Saturday. My companion didn't want to come. But it got done anyways. He was really super old and slow moving. I baptised him and despite all the difficulties it worked out. He was so stoked to get baptised. Well that's about it for this week. Finally the nightmare is over. Elder Mo is gone. I'm just going to go kill it out there in Bora. There's lots of work to be done. I'll tell you all how it goes next week. I'll be here on Tahiti actually because we are doing our big singing project. So I'm going, coming back, and going again. Cool stuff. Wish me luck. Also I did get all three packages. Now I just need to stuff them all in my suitcases and send them to Bora. Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment