Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Yo mom. Happy Birthday! That came up really fast. Since we don't have any calendars in our house and the only ones are those weird Chinese ones I have a hard time knowing where we are in the month. I bought you some stuff last year and I'll be sure to get you some more stuff this year. There is some really cool stuff here. I'll finally get that credit card to use. I can't believe how weak that snow is. I guess I was gone at a good time. For the leaving information I only know what you sent me. I'll call the office couple to get the other details. In Bora there are only two wards and it's in the same building. I never thought it was THAT small.. But most things bigger than a car here seem huge to me. We do Vaitape and the others do Anau. It's pretty much right down the middle. I've done two wards only twice in my first two sectors. After it's just been one or in Rurutu's case less. I've certainly learned and changed my attitude a lot on my mission. The blessing was right. Also speaking of pictures- did I send you guys the ones from when we were on that boat watching surfers in Teahupoo? Because the memory card short-circuits anything I put it in and I don't have the pictures saved on my current USB and the other one with those photos got stollen (I love missiopnaries). Thanks for the doctors appointments, and the Keith one. That way he can interview me phsychologically and I'll be able to ask him some questions of my own. Anyways, this week was amazing. We worked with members every day and got a ton of new investigators. These members are in action and awesome. The go to their friends and just say "when can we come back and teach you?" Simple and direct. We're going to do some great things here in Bora. A lot of which will be before I go home. We have some great investigators now. And normally all of the other ones will be coming back finally from the other islands. We've even had success with the people we have contacted randomly on the road and stuff (that almost never works here). So I am way happy and pushing it until the end. I think that this ward will profit from this work for a very long time. I'm going to miss being a missionary. Also way random. There is a family from here that is coming to America in April and they want us to show there kids a "larger vision" of things. It's kind of a secret though cause they want to surprise their kids. They also don't want to tell them and then not be able to go. I think that would be pretty cool though. Plus everyone says to contact them before we come (for hotels and stuff). I don't know when but it will be pretty sweet. Also I decided what I want to eat when I get home. Home made enchiladas. Possible? I miss Mexican food really bad. Okay I should go; we're going to eat at Bloody Mary's and go see a cannon. Happy Birthday again mom. Talk to you next week.
-Elder Oldroyd

No comments:

Post a Comment