Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Hello from the coldest wettest place on earth. It has been raining like crazy for the past few days. Like all the banana trees on the whole island have been blown over and there is just mud and water everywhere. I feel so bad for the tourists (who represent like a quarter of the population). I'm so stoked for Liz's wedding and Tally's baby. I feel like finally all the things everyone has been worried about have come to an end. Since I left those have been the primary family concerns. And of course the U. Things here have been pretty interesting. We went to Raiatea for two days and it was all for an interview that lasted five minutes. He asked how I was and if I was worthy like four times. We get along great. I just ignore the past and so does he. Raiatea was really fun though. Everyone was there- us, Tahaa, Huahine, and of coarse Raiatea. We did some shopping and some walking around aimlessly. That night a few of us ate and slept over at a members house. It was funny because president didn't even know we had to spend the night until the very day. Anyways, the work here is hard as normal. Contacting in the rain and trying to get out of the rain and crazy wind. Finally Saturday something great happened. We went out with the ward leadership to reactivate inactive members in the morning and then we went out and looked for new investigators the afternoon. It was really successful. The two guys I went with were total clowns and we had a really fun time. We did some great work, saw some miracles, and even got kind of lost in the jungle looking for a house that we never found. It was sweet. Well there you go for this week. I'm way stoked (and kind of nervous) that President Smith will be there at my homecoming. It's gonna be great when I get home. But that doesn't mean that I won't finish strong.. It's cool, the reality of it hasn't hit me yet and I'm pretty sure it won't until I actually am on the plane. Also, can you fix a doctor and a dentist and maybe a psychologist appointment for me as soon as I get home? I'll probably need them all after this crazy place. Thanks and I'll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment