Wednesday, November 17, 2010

April 9, 2010



I'm so excited to leave. Although I do love it here I don't think there is any doubt that I will love it even more there. Here we see none of the fruits of our labors, laundry man.. Really though, I am excited to get into a country that doesn't speaka my language as we like to say in the suburbs. I'm excited to sweat for 22 strait months. I'm excited to eat nasty fafaru (which is fish fermented in sea water for about a month is the sun). I'm excited to be eaten alive by Dad's little bugs and wild dogs alike. I'm excited to deal with some nuts companions who could probably bite my head off, and maybe they will since I won't hardly be able to communicate with them. All that is said and known but I am sotally toked! So yeah we should get our travel plans Thursday if you can believe it. We're all freaking out because the language struggle is enormous.
This Wednesday me and Elder Carlisle were on official splits for the TRC (Elder Ferrin is my companion, but Elder Carlisle was in our trio). It was a little crazy, our teachers gave us a commonly seen scenario in Tahiti and told us to teach what we would to deal with it. The deal was that this person new everything about our church but wouldn't be baptized do to the fact that there family was all Protestant. So we prepare a pretty good lesson plan in Tahitian, and we practice it many times. We're ready for this thing. We get in there and she has ignored the paper entirely and wants to know about stuff that we don't know how to say! It was hard but we did pretty well for winging it I guess. Point being, this Tahitian thing is going to be much harder than French I think. With French if you just know sentence order almost half the time you can say an English word with a French accent and your probably right. Tahitian is just weird man, i guess I'll show you guys a bit in a couple weeks when I call from the airport. I didn't know I could do that.. But yes prepare to be amazed at my inability to speak clearly. In all fairness though I have learned a ton is this very short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment