Thursday, November 18, 2010

October 11, 2010

We got dropped by an investigator's mom earlier and just yesterday I found out why. There is this crazy grandma who is going around chasing people out of their houses with her machete cause she thinks it's her land. She also beat another one of our investigators and terrifies many members. The police are too scared of her (they're French, see) so the mayor is in action now. Let's see here, yesterday I got told off by an old angry reference because I am white. It's not the first time but it's always weird. Saturday was great. We had a marriage and a baptism for our investigator Diana. It was fun and I got a bunch of pictures cause I was the official photographer because I know how to hold a camera. College sure did pay off

. It was pretty cool. But the best was later after her baptism another recent convert got up and preached to one of our investigators that she needs to get baptised right now! It was nuts, I loved it. Speaking of boldness- I've been more bold lately with investigators and I love it. There is much less beating around the bush and many more tears. Yes Elder Oldroyd brings people to tears. Seriously though bold is the way to go. Speaking of bold we hitched-hiked home the other day and none of the people would take the lessons, we failed. This week should get more interesting cause we're getting a Tahitian with us Wednesday. Also I should be staying here in Hitiaa for a while longer which is good cause I've already got an oar, a drum, and a house. Pretty good for two months huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment