Thursday, November 18, 2010

July 5, 2010



This week was much like the others, always something weird going on here. For starters we did a service project. We weeded Taro with machete's. Taro is like a potato; a potato minus flavor and a little more dry. They think it's weird that I like potatoes. Anyways I like taro alright. No, but this kid was taking a video with my camera and another kid kicked a soccer ball and it hit him down low. You guys will love that one. Also it was a funny miracle the other day. I was reading in preach my gospel how to better find investigators and this random car comes cruising down our driveway. It was this guy Rafiel and he had a reference for us. Nice guy but his "James Bond car" smells horribly of gas when your in it. The other day we were eating at this guy's house and this girl came by and she wouldn't even talk to the missionaries. The next day she saw us and asked for the lessons, well alright... anywho I found her name amongst the past investigators and she had taken almost all the lessons. So after our next lesson I asked her what was up. She told me the last Elders proposed to her. I thought she was joking but she wasn't. Finally yesterday I had a split with Pickett. I have been in Vairao for a bit. I love that sector. I am friends with like everyone. Plus I can drive. We did seven lessons in one day which is incredible. But one lady told us we were sent from Satan. Yeah the premortal life is pretty satanic...

Anyways all is well here is Tahiti. The bugs aren't bad here except for mosquitoes. The only bite my feet like when I am in flip flops. I love the lizards cause they eat bugs and catching them is fun. Yes we have a cell phone. Three hours of outgoing calls per month. Papeete was just like I said it was. The stores are really nice and the people aren't as nice. It was a short trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment