Wednesday, November 17, 2010

April 4, 2010


This is by far the most excited I have been for conference, that's really saying something.. For reals though this is the best place I can think to watch it. Because here it will be almost like a break, away from the routine and away from the languages just for a bit. Let's see, as for this week it's actually a touch more interesting than last week. We hosted Wednesday which was totally awesome. I got this kid who i felt so sorry for. His parents didn't get out of the car (for which reasons I'm not sure) and he and his mom just looked at each other sadly for a couple minutes, i felt terrible for them. Anywho, I take him up to his room and on two occasions Elders learning Spanish try to show off their skills and speak Spanish to him, now keep in mind he's darker skinned, but still he spoke zero Spanish and he said in this sad voice, "Do I look like I'm not American?" Haa, it was bad but it was funny, too. As for the regular life here it's getting better and faster everyday. I realize now how short the mission is. Now I'm really not counting down but the math is far to simple. We are nearly a twelfth done with our missions. When I think about that it's really hard to waste time. Our district is probably the best with time usage. We still get distracted but not as bad as the rest of our zone, especially since we started Tahitian. I like Tahitian, it's way cool. We taught on Wednesday at the TRC and I felt really good about it. I mean it's like that first week all over again except we did much better. My philosophy on language study has changed since I got here. After working hard on French to memorize sentences I realized that it was worthless. The thing is just sentence structure and words. Then trying to make sentences, I am way slow but it's happening man! We commited our little progressive investigators to baptism. I'm really stoked because although it's just our teachers they made an incredibly challenging couple based on real people. They expected us to teach them till the end but we just killed it. I guess we'll start teaching some in Tahitian now...

No comments:

Post a Comment