Wednesday, November 17, 2010

May 3, 2010



Okay let me start with the bad news then I will work my way towards good news. Man yesterday was honestly the worst day ever. I am pretty sure my camera fell out in this members truck. In fact really sure but we cannot get in contact with them because our phone is really bad. Then I woke up at about 11 last night and threw up and had diarrhea until the sun came up. Oh and yeah of course we have no toilet paper so I had to go into the cold shower about 20 times. It really was a lot like I imagine Hell is like so I will be good. Good news though my comp had a strange rub he put on my stomach and he tied a shirt around it real tight and I stopped. My Comp is the bomb.com. he speaks no English except a few slang phrases. I guess it is good though because maybe I will learn French.... One time he took a nap at an investigators home, also he likes spending a long time talking to people. I guess it is the way the Tahitian coconut grows. Ummmmm We have taught a few lessons. I have usually just born testimony but I have taught a little too. I see lots of baptisms coming up soon! Ugh I understand the talk during a lesson but after it is really hard. The kids here love me and I love them too. But when they talk I understand almost nothing. So I usually just play around with them. They are always talking while we play and I can not really respond... The adults speak more clearly and they try and help me understand as they go. The people here are so loving. I already have a house to stay at when I return. I have also been told after a couple minutes of talk that my family is friends with their family. I have never seen such kindness. People with nothing give us food. Hah! I gave my comp a pair of socks and a bar of soap and he will always love me for it. I really love it here although I am not quite sure how I will survive two years. I mean the food here will be the death of me! I like it and yet I fear for my health. I think almost every meal I have had raw fish. It was that raw chicken that killed me. I know I am a fool. Just know that it is super hard and yet I think I can pull it off. I love the Tahitians.

No comments:

Post a Comment