Thursday, November 18, 2010

August 8, 2010





I got transferred because of that hike. Two people got sent home and I had to replace one of them. President called me and told me I would be transferred in three hours to Hitia. I am sort of kind of really unhappy cause I couldn't say good by to anyone. Yeah so I left the Saturday of two baptisms and two weddings. That was depressing. Now I am in an area with an elder who is also new to the area and mission. The elder who got sent home didn't like working all that much so we are pretty much starting from zero looking for investigators. It's been a slow week of searching but the members have really helped and given us over 45 families to try. Time goes at least ten times faster with lessons than door to door and stuff. Each night I am just way tired and stoked to come home to our little kingdom. It's the best house in the whole mission by a long shot. I'll take some solid pictures but for now just know it feels like a summer home or something. and instead of marijuana walls we have pink ones, which is pretty cool I guess. Everyone is really impressed with my French and knows I'm not quiet except my companion. For some reason he has convinced himself that I know nothing even though he hears me talk all the time. It really sucks but he always tells me I am too quiet and that I'm not doing my job as a missionary if I am too quiet. He always tells people too, like we'll meet someone and on of the first things he'll always say is how I am really struggling with French. But I swear I'm feeling fine! I'm no where near perfect but it's really not necessary that he insult me all the time. Whatever, I really like the guy, especially the way he was the first couple days. He is the only truly hard working Tahitian I have ever met so I am happy. Even when I was deathly ill when I came he still wanted to head out and work. Yes, I got some infection and it spread everywhere and I was in much sufferance but due to a friendly doctor and a priesthood blessing I got better way fast and was only out for one day. Just know that I am in Hitia and making the best of it. I am homesick for Mataiea almost as much as I am for real home. My confidence level is constantly shot down by my companion but constantly brought up by others so it equals out. Remember to enjoy the simple things in life, they're the bomb! Speaking of which I finished the BOM the other night and it's still true as ever before. With all the love, l'amour, et te here

No comments:

Post a Comment