Thursday, November 18, 2010

August 30, 2010


My comp is racist against Americans. So that's why he's not too friendly always. I talked to his mom today (yes I know all my companions families) and she just kept trying to ask me if he is mean to me. I kept lying and saying no but she just told me to ignore him and she hates it when he is a jerk. It's cool though I have some great experiences and it always gives me a laug. I tend to laugh at his jerkish comments. We went to the temple Thursday and it was so awesome. I am on the island with the temple where you can't be farther than 45 minutes away and yet it was my first time. I loved it but the French there is not the French I have been speaking here man. Ah yes the baptisms. One went down without a problem but the other bailed the morning of. It's cool he'll get baptised in a couple weeks. It was the first one here in Hitiaa or Tiaure for the year. The other elders honestly did nothing here; almost zero investigators and zero everything else too. One of the families we teach is just terrible every time. We're there to teach the kids and the parents are inactive members. Every time after we teach the dad asks some huge ridiculous question. This time it was up to me to shut him down. First off- how do we know we have the true baptism and not the Catholics? Second- Well how do we know this is the true church? And finally- why don't we baptise babies? This man blesses the sacrament, might I add. Well I scriptured and testimonied the crap out of him whilst even gently pounding on the scriptures... He went real quite until he said the line we hear every week. "It's not for us, the lessons, it's for the kids." Final little bit then I gots to go. We had a service project for this old lady in which involved back-breaking work in the heat of the day. It's cool though. She worked hard, too. Sitting in her chair smoking yelling at us "Heare!", which is Tahitian for GO! Other than that it's just average here. I've had some crazy fun rides behind a car and a scooter on my bike and in Mataiea they are baptising everyone I taught. Some sow and some reap but they can both rejoice together. Jesus said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment