Thursday, November 18, 2010

September 7, 2010


This sector is the biggest on all Tahiti. It's 20 kilometers on bike. That's like 12 miles right? I can see the ocean from my room. It's nice hearing that thing in place of those awful roosters all day and all night. There are little stores up here but they are really expensive. Even more so than the ones in the larger cities. We do our shopping in Taravo after district meetings every Friday. Me and my comp aren't really getting along. Last night in our planning he decided to change P-day to Saturday instead of Wednesday with the other guys. I said that was no good since Saturday is the best day for work and all. He freaked out, stood up, threw his planner at me, then came over me and hit me. I was pretty mad so I stood up and we were just in this weird moment. He kept pushing me and asking me to hit him (he knows if I hit him solidly it's all fair game). But I didn't wanna come home yet so I didn't. But he just kept on pushing me. Now this is where it gets weird. He was just so angry over nothing that I started laughing at him and his little attempts to scare me. Which made him more angry, but it was worth it. It was so childish, he told me how if he wasn't a missionary I would be dead in the ocean. And he kept trying to swing like inches from my face to scare me. He threw down my book of Mormon and stomped on it and it wasn't cool. Finally I said some things I'm not proud of, but it was in English so it's cool. So this morning he sent me a little apology note and told me the true stuff of why he freaked. I forgave him but I don't really want to stay with him. I already can't wait to tell you the whole story in person and with actions. I've maybe said ten percent. But I'm all good; just a couple of cuts and bruises and a crazy story. Also yes, I did get my bike fixed. These neighbors are so cool! Well there's that for now. Don't worry about anything here. Life is solid and full of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment